Ophthalmologist in Cologne
Dry eye specialist
As an ophthalmologist and dry eye specialist, your eyes are the focus of my daily work. Whether you have tired and aching eyes, impaired vision or serious complaints that restrict and burden you in your everyday life, it is part of my job to examine your eyes in detail, make a diagnosis and then develop a treatment that is tailored to you and your needs.
In addition to chronic dry eye disease, I treat rare diseases such as eye diseases after bone marrow transplant (so-called ocular GVHD), ocular allergies, corneal neuropathic pain syndrome and ocular mucous membrane pemphigoid in my private practice.
Diagnostic and treatment spectrum:
- Thorough assessment of your medical history
- Detailed examination of your eyes, with special focus on the ocular surface
- Analysis of tear osmolarity, volume and function including stability
- Assessement of meibomian gland function and morphology (via Infrared-meibography)
- Corneal esthesiometery
- State-of-the-art evaluation of corneal neuropathic pain syndroms
- Coming soon: in-office confocal microscopy
- Additional functional testing using OCT, high-resolution photography, visual field testing, etc.
- All results will be demonstrated and explained in detail
- All patients receive a detailed letter, containing all examination results
- Psychosomatic therapies
- Manual Meibomian gland expression
- BlephEx® lid treatments
- Punktual plug insertion
Arrival by public transportation
The best way to get here is by public transport. The Straßenbahn/Tram line 1 runs regularly via Aachener Straße and connects the Braunsfeld district with the local public transport network of the city of Cologne (www.KVB.koeln) and the long-distance services of Deutsche Bahn. Enter "Clarenbachstift" as the destination address in the navigation apps. (KVB, VRS, Bahn, Google)
Arriving by car
You can reach us by car via Aachener Straße, one of the main roads in the west of Cologne. The parking situation around Aachener Straße is - as everywhere in Cologne - limited. However, you will find public parking spaces directly in front of the practice as well as in the immediately adjacent side streets.
A little tip for a stress-free journey: It is best to use the Park-and-Ride parking garage P2 at the Rhein-Energie Stadium, home or the famous 1. FC Koeln Soccer Club.
Arriving by plane
There are three international airports in the immediate vicinity of the metropolis of Cologne. The closest is Cologne-Bonn Airport (www.koeln-bonn-airport.de). From the airport, you can either take the train from the airport train station or a cab. Depending on the traffic situation, the journey to the practice takes around 30 to 45 minutes. On request, we can put you in touch with personal drivers who will be waiting for you at the terminal at the exact time. Please contact our practice team for this.